After you have an effective and efficient assessment plan, the next step is creating assessment strategies to implement the plan. Implementation is a vital part of the assessment cycle and requires thoughtful consideration on when, where and how data is collected.
Create an Assessment Implementation Timeline or Data Collection Plan
This timeline will act as a data gathering schedule for the team. It helps to coordinate activities and maintain consistency over time.
Here are some things you need to consider when crafting your timeline:
- What are your busiest times of the year? Try to avoid assessment activities at your peak time.
- When will your human resources be most impacted? Consider special university days, holidays, events, etc.
- When will you have the most engaged stakeholders? Consider the schedules of your stakeholders.
- When is the best time to collect or evaluate data?
Determine what activities are needed for Assessment Measures
- Research measures and tools
- Create or review measurement tools
- Consider sampling size needed for validity and reliability
- Consider cost and time of the activity and administering the assessment
- Determine what tool will be used to store the data
- Determine when staff perceptions will be collected about the process and procedures.
Designate Assessment Roles and Responsibilities
- Determine who will be responsible for ensuring the assessment is prepared for the activity.
- Determine who will be responsible for administering the assessment.
- Determine who will be responsible for collecting and storing the data.
- Determine who will be responsible for reporting to stakeholders.
- Determine who will be responsible for writing memos for each activity and measure.
- Who will be responsible for mid-semester corrections as needed?
- Determine how frequently you will analyze the data (after each event, once a semester, at the end of the year, etc.).
- Determine who will analyze data and what software is needed to analyze data.
- Determine when and who will share results with stakeholders for feedback.
Communicate Data Collection Timeline/Plan
- Plan Data Talks with team and other stakeholders
- Organize data talks by discussion topics
- Perform the activity needed to collect the data
- Store the data properly to ensure reliability and validity